Dahn is a dangerous cult!

Qigong Association: Qigong: Other Qigong Questions: Healing Society/Dahn Institute: Dahn is a dangerous cult!
By Suziecue (Suziecue) on Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 12:36 pm:  Edit

Someone should start a website with a moderated support group online for former Dahn masters and members who feel bruised by this organization.

By Tiger43 (Tiger43) on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 7:26 pm:  Edit

Hey Anonymous_exdahn,

Thanks for your post. I am currently a dahn member and making my way out... enough with this crazy place! I started with a 3 month membership that grew into more trainings and trips to Sedona. In the beginning I really didn't look at Dahn as a cult only because I didn't take Ilchi Lee and the organization so seriously. I enjoyed the exercise, but had a BIG problem with the belief system. I know this really bothered the Dahn folks! However, some of my friends did and they are running into massive financial and marital problems. The problems for me came when I got closer to the group and what I had learned. It is an arena that I never should have entered. This is not the place you need to be for stress relief - it only causes stress. Some of the members I became friendly with started having personality changes every time they took an advance training. NUTS! I could go on with the stories, but you certainly do know the drill.

What scares me now is this organization is working its way into the schools with BR. It's already bad enough that they made their way to college campuses and this needs to stop!

Many of the ex-sabumnim's have contacted me after they have left. In talking with them you can see what damage this organization has caused them.

I hope people keep reading these posts. How you detailed your experience is right on target.

Thankfully, you were able to break free from them.
The only one that can grow your soul is you...

By Anonymous_exdahn (Anonymous_exdahn) on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 10:52 am:  Edit

This is the 3rd of 3 posts. Please scroll down to the previous 2 messages to read them in order.

Try to go back and remember, if you can, when you first walked into a Dahn center. Try to remember the way that you felt (physically, emotionally, etc.) and who you were at that time. Now, no doubt, Dahn (the exercise practice) has made many improvements in your life. I read many accounts by people with disease and illness and Dahn exercise classes have really helped them to feel better and to build physical strength. The fact that the exercise program is so beneficial is Ilchi Lee's biggest ally, because when members hear cult accusations about Dahn, their brains immediately bombard them with memories of how crappy they felt before they started doing the practice, and how good they feel when they leave class, and they conclude the accusations must be false. More advanced members think about how fabulous they feel after workshops, or the loving, Buddha-like qualities of the group leaders.

What members don't understand is that, within the classic cult hierarchy, the group leaders are ALWAYS described as these loving, compassionate, kind, Buddha-like creatures. This is exactly how members of the Moonies described the leaders of THEIR group, and the Hare Krishnas, and so on. I now believe that radiating that Buddha-like state is a practiced and cultivated habit that anyone can become good at. The instructors interact with dozens of members a day and thus become very, VERY good at this. What is important is how they are behind closed doors, when paying members aren't around, and I know that they are as human as you or me, and no more "enlightened" than anyone else.
Now, in the beginning, terms such as "dahn jon" were unfamiliar to you and sounded silly, and you may have dismissed as hooey their pushing you to try this or that. Eventually, though, you gave in, and you found that - hey! boy oh boy! - they were right! You feel so much better!

And in this way, your resistance to the group's doctrine begins to be worn down. Remember, you are being led down a path, shown new things in incremental steps, and given info about the belief system in small doses at a time. After you allow them to lead you those first few steps, when you're still a newbie and all that Korean terminology is new and strange, and you figure out that what they're telling you, thus far, is actually quite true, and following their instructions results in positive changes in your health and state of mind, you start to doubt yourself. Let me repeat: This is when you start to doubt yourself and your own intuition. As you go farther down the path, more and more info they're telling you is unproveable because it's actually religious in nature. "Growing your soul" and helping others to grow their souls, these are unproveable concepts requiring a leap of faith on your part.

But you are inclined to believe this because the first few steps of the path (doing intestine exercises, coming to class regularly, taking Shim Sung, etc.) turned out to be true. So you begin to suspend your disbelief, and let them lead you futher down the path. Once you've gotten to a certain point, once that "Dahn voice" is implanted in your brain, thus allowing you to see and perceive everything thru the Dahn belief system, you will be able to lead others.

The instructors working in the American Dahn centers are working, working, working, making money money money. The ones who are good at it begin to see members as walking dollar signs. The mind control techniques which have disengaged their critical thought processes, don't allow them to perceive that they are not "enlightened." They are not on the path to spiritual enlightenment. The reality of running a Dahn center and making money has nothing to do with enlightenment. The workshops and endless trainings you are pushed into doing are designed to lead you down 1 of 2 paths:

1) Extract as much money from you as possible, until you get fed up and leave (again, these are often the older, middle-aged, wealthier members who don't have the physical strength to become full-fledged instructors)

OR

2) Convince you that becoming a Dahn instructor is what you were "meant" to do, at which point you will begin working in a Dahn center, which isn't pushing you towards enlightenment, but only renders your life, for all practical purposes, that of an indentured servant who is hell-bent on making money for the vision
So you see, the only paths available are 1 or 2, and both are a dead end.

I ask you now: What vision? How are the people on paths 1 or 2 in any way helping to heal the world? If anything, their spending all of their time in Dahn centers is keep them ISOLATED from their communities, all while nurturing a false sense of superiority and arrogance that Dahn is the "one true way" (by the way, yet another cult hallmark - every cult in existence believes that theirs is the one true way).

The American Dahn movement is designed, I can see now, purely for the purpose of generating more money. I've been around long enough now to say with confidence that I have yet to meet a single person who has joined Dahn and who I believe has achieved "enlightenment."

I now can see that noone (not even Ilchi Lee) has the power to grant someone else spiritual enlightenment. Note that, historically, humans who are commonly regarded as being "enlightened beings" (Jesus, Buddha, etc.) pursued their own path to enlightenment. They did not get there as part of a military-like group. They followed their own, unique, individual voice.

Giving their lives for Ilchi Lee's vision to heal the world is what being a Dahn master is all about. They are told, during their master training, that doing this will enable them to get out of the cycle of death and rebirth (reincarnation). They believe that this is their last lifetime as a human, and that when they die, Ilchi Lee will meet their soul at the top of Bell Rock (a sacred Dahn spot in Sedona) and will personally usher them into the next level. They believe they are moving on, after this life, to the next evolutionary level.

I know that the enticement of regarding oneself as part of a special, elite group, who are actually being given the opportunity to achieve enlightenment in this lifetime, is a powerful draw. And giving that up, for Dahn instructors who leave, can be traumatic. But they almost all do leave. Of the hundreds of American members/instructors whom I have met over the last decade in my region, less than 5 are still standing. Everyone else is gone, and has been replaced by naive new members who have no idea of the vast numbers of people who came before them, and left. And now, so am I.

By Anonymous_exdahn (Anonymous_exdahn) on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 10:50 am:  Edit

This is the 2nd of 3 posts. Please scroll down to the previous message to read my first post.

Another classic hallmark of cults is the belief of the most involved members & leaders that they are part of a special, "chosen," elite, a group of spiritual revolutionaries who are going to heal the world. Did you know that this is the view of pretty much all cults? Did you know that this is what members of the Moonies also believed? When you are eventually coming out of the Dahn belief system, and you are reading everything about this subject that you can get your hands on, you will be flabbergasted to learn the number of parallels between Dahn and the Moonies. I now believe that, historically speaking, Dahn is a more sophisticated, modern-day version of the Moonies.

Here are some of the things I have learned in the last 6 weeks:

The business model for the American Dahn system is a Ponzi scheme. This is similar to a pyramid scheme. This is what Madoff was recently jailed for. A Ponzi scheme operates with a central figurehead at the top (Ilchi Lee). The next 2 or 3 levels of the pyramid (his closest associates - most of whom are shadow figures who you will never meet) are the only ones making money. And they are making MILLIONS, buying real estate left and right, creating many new "front groups" (another classic cult hallmark) and enterprises. Going down and down the pyramid, you get to levels, say, 8 and 9. These are the people who are MAKING the money for those at the top. These are the people who are in charge of the grunt work, the sweat, the labor, and most importantly, bringing new recruits into the scheme. The level 8 and 9 people are the Dahn instructors running the centers. These people work 100 hours a week for little money. They sleep 3 to 5 hours a night. They live in communal housing. Almost every moment of their time is given to inventing ways to make more $$$ for their center and for Dahn. In Dahn language, they are working for their "vision."

In this context, the way to convince a level 8 and 9 person on the pyramid to work like this, constantly and endlessly, to maximize profits and bring in new members, is to impose an elaborate belief system, something they can passionately and fervently believe in, a religion (if you will), that they will defend to the end. Also necessary is to utilize techniques of mind control in order to disengage their critical thinking processes. Again, I point anyone interested in this subject to the book "Combatting Cult Mind Control," which can be ordered off Amazon.

Forty percent of the income at Dahn centers is given to Ilchi Lee, and the center instructors assume it's for opening new centers and other programmatic expenses. What is kept from them is that much of this money is for the personal enrichment of Lee and the people on the next 2 or 3 levels of the pyramid. Evidence of this is everywhere, and devoted members don't want to see it.

Many of you may have been in Sedona and seen Ilchi Lee's Hummer and his entourage of personal attendants who travel with him (usually anonymous, interchangeable Korean men in business suits). If you went so far as to inquire why Lee drives this expensive, environmentally-unfriendly vehicle, you were probably told that he needs it for the difficult terrain around Sedona, or that he needs it for "protection." Right? But if you really take some space and sit and think about this situation, you will see that your first impulse was correct, after all: there IS something not right about Lee's being driven around in a Hummer. In the context of the Dahn belief system, it doesn't fit. And your rational brain immediately sensed this. But the group leaders are experts at convincing you to distrust your own intuition and to conclude that there are things going on at higher levels in the group that you don't need to understand or question.

I can look back now in amazement at the way I "turned off my brain" in these sorts of situations and meekly accepted the explanations given me by the group leaders. And how ironic that Dahn is all about "waking up your brain"! The cognitive dissonance and groupthink are rampant.

The imposing of a spiritual belief system over a Ponzi scheme business model in order to rake in millions is really, truly genius. Lee and his associates should be congratulating themselves. They've done a great job, haven't they? Let's have a round of applause for them. Bravo, boys!

The most troubling aspect of what I have recently learned is definitely painful to write and to think about, but I believe it's important to air it out and let it see the light of day. I have become aware of an entire network of women who have been sexually abused by Ilchi Lee.
For those who are reading this and are still heavily involved with Dahn, I know your brain is going to try to filter out and dismiss what I am saying as untrue. I know this because for years my brain did the same thing when I was presented with similar info (being rumors on the Internet). But for the first time, this info was presented to me in a way that I could not dismiss, because it was coming from people that I personally know and trust, not just strangers on the Internet.

Yes, it is true. I personally know a young American woman who claims to have been raped by Ilchi Lee. And I believe her. She is one of the last peope in the world I could imagine fabricating such a story. Through her, and through other connections, I have become aware that there are many such woman who assert that they were coerced into sex by Lee. Let's just take some space for a moment and sit and really think about this.

I will say it again: There are many such woman who assert that they were coerced into sex by Lee. How truly powerful is that statement? Now, if you are still heavily involved in Dahn, your brain is going to be busily at work right now, filtering what I am saying thru the Dahn belief system so that you will dismiss my words or tune them out. I don't need you to be convinced, because I am confident that down the road, when you yourself are ready to walk, you will be ready for this information, and it will come to you. You will be ready for that red pill. All that you really need to remember right now is that there is such a concept as mind control, and this: that when you do leave Dahn, even though you REALLY don't believe it now, your life is going to improve so much. You can't see it now, but Dahn has taken the world AWAY from you, and by leaving, you will get it back. You will get back a resolute faith in yourself and your own strength.

By Anonymous_exdahn (Anonymous_exdahn) on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 10:45 am:  Edit

It's March 2009 and I don't know if anyone is still reading this these posts. I am one of the original Dahn enthusiasts in my region. I first walked into a new Dahn center opening in my old neighborhood almost a decade ago. And now, after all these years, I am leaving. I feel like Neo in the Matrix when he takes the red pill and wakes up and really SEES for the first time, with open eyes. Once you take the red pill, you can't go back. And I wouldn't want to. I am eternally, blissfully grateful for having the courage to take that red pill. In answer to your question: Oh yes, indeedy, Dahn Yoga most certainly is a destructive cult. Pretty much the worst things you have heard are true. It's been about six weeks or so since I first started to wake up from the Dahn belief system, and the universe just keeps bringing more and more info to me. It just keeps coming.

If you are in Dahn now, either as an enthusiastic member with mostly/only super postive experiences thus far, or if you are one of the members who are being groomed to become a master, or if you are actually an instructor (instructors used to be called "masters" but the organization recently changed that practice), and you are reading this, I say to you:

I know you are probably going to dismiss what I am saying as nonsense from someone who is "unenlightened" or just "not getting it," even though I've probably been involved much longer than you have. You have been conditioned to think this way by the group leaders. Your critical thinking process has been systematically disengaged, in such a masterful way, that you (an intelligent, thoughtful person) aren't even aware of it. But I do know this. In the back of your brain, there is still some small voice that is questioning and wondering if this is all true, if Dahn is for real...

Only a very small handful of members don't have that questioning voice in their brains, and these people are truly the victims in all of this. That small group are called by those who have left "the lifers." The lifers may never get out. And I pray for them, I do. But you. YOU know that you have that small critical voice still inside. It's been supressed and buried as much as possible. You've been taught to regard it as "resistance" and laziness and "negative information" and any number of blocks your ego is throwing up to keep your soul from growing. What you don't know now is that that small critical voice in your head is what is going to save you in the end. It is a blessing, and later you will be very grateful for it.

You see, you have taken all of these classes and trainings thru Dahn, thru your center and Sedona, and maybe you've even gone to Korea, and as a result, it's like a voice (another voice) has been implanted in your brain that constantly filters and analyzes everything you see and hear thru the Dahn belief system. So I already know in advance how your brain is going to immediately dismiss what I am saying. If you can't find an explanation for my assertions, then you will just shut your mind down entirely and will refuse to think about it at all. And you'll go on your merry way.

But I know you.

I WAS you.

For many, many years. And I know that behind that voice implanted by the Dahn belief system, is the real you, that critical voice you've been taught to disregard. That voice will read what I am saying here and will wonder if it's actually true. You will wonder. You will probably dismiss, for now. But you WILL wonder.

And weeks or months or even years from now, when you, too, decide to leave Dahn (because almost everyone does, eventually), you may remember this post. And if you remember nothing else that I have said here, there is one thing you SHOULD remember, because it will help you so much: it's called "mind control." When you are ready, and you are leaving Dahn, and you are connecting with a whole network of supportive, loving individuals who have also left and who are willing to talk to and listen and share with you, then you will be searching for answers, and this concept will be enormously helpful to you. There is a book that really helped me to make sense of my experience and the Dahn belief system: it's called "Combatting Cult Mind Control." It's a bestseller than you can order thru Amazon. It was written before Dahn existed, but you will be absolutely stunned, as I was, by the parallels between Dahn and other cults that came before it.

I have come to understand that people walking in the door are usually groomed in one of two ways: either you're an enthusiastic member repeatedly pushed to pay lots of money for healing sessions and workshops, including repeated trips to Sedona. This is the group that is solely being used for money. These people are usually middle-aged or older and out of shape when they join. They will end up giving THOUSANDS of dollars to Dahn.

The other group is smaller. These are the young, bright, vibrant people who are recruited to be instructors. They usually don't have much money (although they will be pushed to open multiple credit card accounts and to ask their families for money). They are wanted for their ENERGY. One of the most interesting things I learned about cults is that they specifically target strong, vibrant people (not weaklings) because they know these will make the most enthusiastic, charismatic leaders who can convince others to join.

So you might be reading this post and a member of either group 1 or group 2. If you're in group 1, you're only going to be shown the most positive aspects of the group. Your experiences will be controlled in such a way by the group leaders that they are only positive, and that is because they want you to keep shelling out that money. It is amazing to behold the number of wealthy, middle-aged members of Dahn. It is common knowledge now that Dahn only opens centers in wealthy, white-bread neighborhoods. However, if you're in this group, observe the way that Dahn has completely engulfed your life. The instructors push you to do all kinds of trainings, and to spend most of your time at the center. Sure, the exercises make you feel quite good, but notice how doing them has begun to take up such large amounts of your time. Also notice that if you are hesistant to do the next in a long line of expensive trainings, you will be made to understand by the instructor that your reasons for hesitating are not valid. Ever. You are told that it's "your choice," but take note of the way they react when you say no. Watch and observe carefully.

Group 2 members are the true victims of mind control, and that is what people must understand who are criticizing Dahn. The young instructors running these centers are victims themselves. They are to be pitied, not attacked. Imagine the trauma their families feel at having lost a son/daughter/wife/husband/sister/brother to this organization.

This post has been deemed too long by the moderator and is divided into separate posts...

By Anonymous on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 11:02 am:  Edit

In case anyone is thinking that Dahn is just a yoga exercise program, this shows their true goals to create a cultural movement (here they're talking about a new center, on their IGUP website): "Established to compile and study Dr. Ilchi Lee's teachings and philosophy that states that enlightenment should be made into a common sense in a forward evolution of collective human consciousness as a necessary stepping stone to the actualization of world peace. A worldwide socio-cultural movement is needed for such results and DahnHak and Brain Respiration are methodologies to bring it about."

When you go for advanced training at the Sedona Ilchi Meditation Center (or "Dahn Institute"), you are participating in the activities of a registered "religious" organization, a 501(c)(3). They say Dahn is not a religion, so who are they trying to fool? Their members or the IRS?

By Freshex (Freshex) on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 8:42 am:  Edit

you gotta love the e-mail i got from Dahn- hot weather yoga... how to stay hydrated while you are under the burning sun. damage control? too little too late for Julia.

By Freshex (Freshex) on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 10:40 am:  Edit

yes, i reacted the same way as Suede, after reading alot of material. at first i was in denial. i did not want to believe what i was reading, but it became more and more obvious that people writing those stories were just like me. i could not support the organization after that. i quit on the spot, and was terrified for a while that they might try to hurt me somehow- i was really messed up by the whole thing. its taken a good year for everything to sink in and for me to realize exactly what we are dealing with here. but nobody walks into a dahn center thinking they need a new life, nobody wants their life taken over. it happens in stages, like being molested. friendly at first. loving. then they will push you until they see you have reached a wall, then they will back off for a while. then they will wait til they have you alone. anon 5:07- you are very smart to check the group out. i was in Dahn for a year and it never occurred to me to check them out until another member told me about the info on the net. you are way ahead of alot of people! i encourage you to look at the CBS reports about Dahn in your very own city!contact the police. and quit. get out of there. its a freak show.

By Suede (Suede) on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 1:55 pm:  Edit

My take on "just there for the excersize" is this... if you are paying them your money then YOU in fact- are supporting a criminal and immoral organization.

The facts are there, clearly researchable and unarguable. I for one chose to end my involvement the moment my eyes were opened.

By Anonymous on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 5:07 pm:  Edit

Does anyone know anything about the Dahn Center in Boston?
I joined about two months ago because I was looking for a fitness program during my lunch hour, and I didn't want to join a gym. The Dahn Center suited me well for this purpose.
I can't believe what I am reading! I also can't believe that people could be so committed to the center that it has wrecked their lives! Sure, I have been approached about workshops and specialized classes, but I simply told them no. I also don't hang around with these people and drink the tea. I'm just there for exercise- not a new life.

By Jims (Jims) on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 4:21 pm:  Edit

Hi,

I've been going to Dahn Yoga for about nine months now and so far I have not experienced any of these bad things people have said here.

I would say that the the vast number of people who sign up go to regular clases a few times a week and thats about it. I've had a couple healing sessions at about $150 and they were helpful. I've actually gone to Sedona Arizona for classes.

The message that they teach is to think for yourself....to love yourself..that kind of stuff. To me, the organization does not seem to be cultish. They teach some qi gong methods, which might seem strange to many people.

I was practicing Chi Kung for several years and when I went to Dahn I noticed that they are teaching that as a component of their yoga. I like Chi Kung so that was a bonus for me.

I have volunteered to help out at the center several times and found it fun and rewarding. They certainly have not brainwashed me. There is no hypnotic voodo being said.

I think there is a cultural gap in the organization, however, as many of the centers are run by people from Korea and understanding what they are saying can be challenging at times.

As far a costs goes, you can sign up for about $100 per month. The centers offer lifetime memberships that are expensive, but if you are going to go more than three or four years you will be ahead... Its a bit of a gamble that they will stay in business that long. Other than that, they have a lot of weekend workshops that can range from about $150 to $250.. Shim Sung was about $300 if I remember right but it included three preperation classes before the weekend and five or seven afterward. So, overall I thought it a good deal.

Shim Sung was a bit strange in that you do some shouting and stuff, but its designed to get rid of your stress and what they call stagnent energy. Also, part of Shim Sung have you shout out the negative things people have said to you that make you weak and then you shout out the positive things so you can really feal the difference. The point of it is that we can start to know our true self better and choose to regect the negative information people are always saying.

Overall, I have gone pretty far with the organization so far and have not thought it to be a cult or anything like that. I personally like the Chi Kung aspects and after each class I feel better. So I'm a happy customer so far.

I don't know about the financial aspects of Illchi Lea and I have never met the guy. I know that he is not running the organization, although each center buys his books and resells them...so I bet he makes a pretty penny on the sale of the books.

I also know of some people who have joined and then quit. They asked for their money back on the balance of their membership and I was surprised when they got it back since they signed a contract. In both cases, they received a full refund of the balance of their contract in a few weeks.

I'll probably post something again in a few months and relate to everyone my experience (better or worse) then.

Jim

By Healernomore (Healernomore) on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:09 pm:  Edit

This lawsuit just tells us what we already knew to be true, ilchi lee is a sexual predator and a rapist. The dahn organization and its masters will lie,cheat,and steal for ilchi lee.

Any current members who still have doubts about this is living a lie. The only enlightenment to be found in dahn yoga is the fact it is a criminal organization.

Be careful of anyone who promotes dahn yoga, their agenda is to make ilchi lee rich and you a poor slave to the organization.

How many more lawsuits are out there? What else is ilchi lee hiding? When will he be arrested?

dahn yoga is a dangerous cult.

By Anonymous on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 9:41 pm:  Edit

The newdahn site just posted this 2002 civil lawsuit. Not a pretty picture!

http://newdahn.com/news/court/CA-lawsuit.pdf

By Anonymous on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 1:03 pm:  Edit

I'm a reporter in Houston working on a story about Dahn Yoga.

A woman who goes by the name Dahn Buster told me I might be able to find some folks on this board in the Houston-area who'd like to contribute to my story, including a woman who goes by the name Stillahealer.

Would anyone like to contribute to my story? Or does anyone have contact info for folks in Houston who'd have something to say about Dahn?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please contact me at "philostrato2 at hotmail dot com" and I'll reply back with my name and credentials.

Thanks.

By Anonymous on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 5:13 pm:  Edit

Dahn is really stepping up it's campus recruitment with their Body & Brain clubs. Look at this, a special "Phoenix Club" handshake, http://www.bodynbrain.org/phoenix.html
which looks like a cultural ripoff of a "hip-hop handshake," with a high-five, slide, snap, and pound. They're getting colleges to give college credit for doing Body & Brain. They downplay their association with Dahn but if you look hard enough you can see that certain activities and jobs and internships send recruits over to the Dahn Centers. You can see their intention to turn club members into recruiters with words like "community outreach."

If there's any doubt about who is at the helm, look on Whois to see who owns the bodynbrain website:

Domain Name:BODYNBRAIN.ORG
Created On:08-Feb-2004 11:01:08 UTC
Last Updated On:26-Feb-2006 00:43:02 UTC
Expiration Date:08-Feb-2007 11:01:08 UTC

Registrant Name:BRC Inc
Registrant Organization:BR Consulting Inc.
Registrant Street1:8,10F Dahnworld Bldg. 154-11 Samseong-dong Gangnam-gu

Registrant City:Seoul

Registrant Country:KR
Registrant Phone:+82.220163205

Admin Name:BRC Inc
Admin Organization:BR Consulting Inc.
Admin Street1:8,10F Dahnworld Bldg. 154-11 Samseong-dong Gangnam-gu

Tech Name:BRC Inc
Tech Organization:BR Consulting Inc.
Tech Street1:8,10F Dahnworld

BR Consulting is Ilchi Lee's for-profit "consulting" firm.

Yet, I don't see any mention of Ilchi Lee on the bodynbrain website, just on pages that they removed.

Students and colleges should be given ALL the information about this club to make informed decisions.

By Anonymous on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 8:18 pm:  Edit

Humans are enlightened from birth. This is a constant.

I am perceptive enough to notice firstly that the 'master', is called a 'master'. Red flag.

I signed up for the 3 month course, including the Finding True-Self course. The normal price of this is around USD $600. Absurd!

The 'master', changed the price to $300, including the $80 intitiation charge. Has this happened to anybody else?

The 'master' told me, to not tell anybody...the 'master', also wears a Cross, around his neck...

So...my friends of the internet...there certainly can be wolves in sheep skins, even in an organization that is as widespread and influential to your body as Dahn.

What does this all mean? It means, that this man, is as much of a student, as I am to his friendly guidance of Tai Chi and bodywork. The heirarchial mindforms of the 'master student' are now over.

Money. It is money. Still money. Guess what? Dahn practice is definetly excellent, and the music this 'master' plays is very much aligned with what I play at home when I am working on myself in such ways.

The dishonorous use of money is still, mankinds most entrenched tribulation. This does not make Dahn 'bad'...perhaps, have some discerning compassion for anybody that chooses to lead a 'cult'? Either way, the course will show you to be more aware of your gut, which is quite useful, and also, to be more aware of your body in general..

Detox your live and gut as well. Then eat very mindfully, and stop working like a slave for a wage...no matter how much you make. I was pondering signing up for the Sedona Course...maybe I wont, now reading these opinions.

Funny, though, that Dahn teaches Tai Chi postures that translate into 'Becoming Flying Dragon', and more.

Ever heard of Draco?

Research, discern, and plan.
Nobody, no way, no technique, no amount of training and practice, will bring you to here,

NOW. EARTH. HEARTH. HEART.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 9:23 am:  Edit

Careful, one must be young learner, danger there is, many snares there be and to follow Dahn is to follow a dark path. Choice yes, but best not choose a wrong path, that which makes darkness like the one Darth IlChi has made.

By HealerNoMore on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 3:38 pm:  Edit

dahn is not cool.

dahn is in fact a dangerous manipulative cult.

Please read any previous post regarding this dangerous immoral organization.

You can make your own choice--IF you are informed.

dahn will keep important information from you. This is how they thrive.

dahn exists to make ilchi lee a very rich man-that is it.

By Anonymous on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 3:22 pm:  Edit

Why the Anger, Hate and Frustration my padwan Learner? Dahn's cool if you want to get your chakras straight - if not...don't!!!
WE ALL HAVE CHOICE MAN!!!

By Andrew Nevis on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 1:28 am:  Edit

Best thing I ever did was leave. Endorphins and runner's high from the body are the best ever since leaving this limited/limiting organization. Sometimes you have to pass through the fire to fully see the darkness that is at the center of this terrible cult.
Now you won't find Dahn marathon masters/Centurion bicycle riders, this takes time and Lee is a jealous master who does not allow his employees the freedom/time to find healthier alternative paths to fitness.
Anyone that Dahn rescruits for master status can expect to give up boyfriends/girlfriends, husbands/wives, running/bicycling, friends/family, wealth, don't you know all these sacrifices are for the planet and not just Lee's rich multi-million dollar guru lifestyle.
If what the body says is true, a lot of bodies have flipped their Ilchi (finger(s) at Seung Heun, Dahn's guru.

Why would anyone allow a Dahn follower discount all the evidence of the corruption within the organization. Or down play the death of Julia Siverls, as well as the countless personal accounts of how Dahn has injured people's bodies and spirits. Healthy Dahn, no, its the 21st centuries of the 18th centuty bleeding, its
pseudo science, the Brain Institute in Seoul is a joke to anyone who knows real research institutes.
We all know the Greek's were right, there must be a healthy balance of body and mind. In my opinion, there is profoundly nothing healthy but a few exercises borrowed from the living Tai Chi tradition.
Want your body to be healthy at a low cost, go to Tai Chi or true yoga, which can trace its origins unbroken to the ancient past. Dahn can't do that!

By Anonymous on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 6:48 pm:  Edit

I joined Jan 2002; best thing I ever did

By I am glad I returned on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 6:46 pm:  Edit

Because the Body never ever lies.
And when the body feels good and in alignment with the universe nothing else matters.
So annon: 1:25 if your are a real sincere person who had posted here for the first time rather than one of many who post pretending they are new or different; why would you let an anonymous message board dictate how to make your body feel better?
Dahn is the best program to heal your body, bar none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By I am glad I stayed in Dahnhak on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 4:05 pm:  Edit

When I started Dahnhak, I knew it was known as a cult to. I couldn't allow cynics to control my gut feelings. I am glad I stayed in Dahnhak, DahnYoga etc. because I now accomplish real life stuff that I could have never done or it would have taken another 10 yrs. Thanks to Dahnhak and its training and myself I am successful beyond my goals. It's not dahnhak goals of getting members, healing the world, etc. It is my own goals that push my life forward. I could have taken that route easily. I commend those who have. I blended the training into what motivates my life. I have not found a training nor do I need to that best fit my life. Dahn is my choice of training. The best training is the training everyone is telling one to stay away from. When I heard of this info online and cynical sites. I knew they (Dahn) must be teaching something that is powerful. When people love it or hate it , thats showing a statement.
I am no 3 week member or 3 month member we are talking 5 to 6 years of experience in Dahn.
I would suggest if you don't feel comfortable is the practice then find something fast that incorporates exercise and meditation training. This site would be more benificial to society if it recommends other training that could help people rather than blaming Dahnhak for history. Who's going to start. lets turn this board around. There is to much sitting in front of the computer checking out the lastest gossip, what could someone suggest that could help others that don't agree with Dahn to participate in something healthy.
cheers'

By Anonymous on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 1:25 pm:  Edit

Last night I had my introductory session and joined Dahn Yoga. When I got home, I jokingly said to my husband that I thought I may have just joined a cult. I'm not even sure why I said it since I was looking forward to the classes. This morning I Googled Dahn Yoga to find out what other "members" thought of the classes and found this discussion forum. I've just now returned from delivering them a contract cancellation notice and received a full refund. Moral of the story, trust your gut.

By Anonymous on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 12:56 pm:  Edit

Annalou, please post what state you're in. I would like to see the BBB complaints myself. Thanks! I'm sad for you that you went through that bad experience. Emotional manipulation should be way beneath any 'spiritual' organization.

By Emily396 on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:44 am:  Edit

Can anyone email me me to talk about their experiences in the Chicago area? I'm in Chicago, and wondering if anything's wrong locally.

By annalou on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 11:43 pm:  Edit

One-and-a-half years later, I still have a hard time walking past the building where the local Dahn Center is because I'm still so upset about the heavy pressure to buy that lead me to spend money I should not have spent, most of which I've not been able to get back (for Healing Sessions I never scheduled/attended because I was trying to cancel the contract). They'd hit with a hard sell at a time I was emotional vulnerable. My credit card company wasn't even able to help; so, I've sent a complaint to my local Better Business Bureau, where I found similar complaints about other Dahn centers.

By Me Too on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 1:01 pm:  Edit

Are the last two posts by the same person?
Both used the words "creepy"
Unusual; to say the least.

By Anonymous on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 10:15 am:  Edit

I had previously been a part of a dahn yoga center in Boston. I attended classes regularly until my membership ran out. Dahn is wayyy tooo expensive. The masters are creepy . I attended an event with other young people and some creepy dahn yogi kissed me. I felt violated and I told one of the masters that I was going to file a harassment suit against the man. They encouraged me to be more open. Crazzyyyy people. Word to the wise: Don't Join! Any spiritual practice that is priceless b/c of its value to your wellbeing, does not cost that much money. They are cheating people out of their money and suckering young kids into growing up dahn.

By Anonymous on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 4:32 pm:  Edit

I was recently sucked in by Dahn and the sweet, smiley Korean "master" who pressured me INTENSELY to buy a 1 year membership...she was like Jekel & Hyde, turning into a completely different person when she stuck the contract in my face. It was amazing how manipulative she was, I didn't know what hit me, and I'm a very strong-willed, independent person.

The place was REALLY creepy, and they would never answer any of my numerous questions, always giving vague answers. I just loved the $50 uniform required to wear (which I refused) "for the energy." What yoga classes require a matching uniform, anyway?!

I got off easy, cancelling the 3 month contract I signed up for & notifying my credit card company. I also called the local TV station, who interviewed me off camera so other locals would be warned. I would suggest that others do the same in their area. BEWARE OF THIS ONE

By Anonymous on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 3:36 pm:  Edit

It was probly the Reiki...LOL, not to dis any healers out there

By CambridgeTC on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 1:53 pm:  Edit

A friend of mine (through the power of the internet) sent me a link to your messageboard.

Thank you for what you are doing. If it wasn't for sites like this, I may have doubted myself and got sucked into the Dahn cult.

I started becoming very involved with the center after one of the masters used reiki to cure a chronic illness of mine. At that same time, I was also receiving reiki from many others and my illness disappeared - but I couldn't be sure if it was them or the dahn center.

Regardless, I really liked the vibe at the center and the people were super nice. The first month was wonderful but there was a lot of pressure to sign a six month contract and drop $3000 on the classes, which was the first sign that something wasn't right.

I figured it out in the end. It took two months but even a silly, new-age believer can see that this Dahn business is very dangerous.

Thanks again for looking out for your fellow man.

All the best,

TC

http://www.freedomcrowsnest.org

By Anonymous on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 11:29 pm:  Edit

Yeah... it is TOO perfect, creepy parallels with the People's Temple and the Jonestown Massacre, way to similar in group mind set up for my taste. Dahn has some of the sweetest people involved I worry for them Dahn is SOO insidous and Grand Master Lee has all the charmasic qualites Jim Jones had... I hope it never happens for the people invoved with Dahn, healers, masters, but it COULD very well happen, here's a quote that comes to mind from another Jonestown surviver-
We who have come back,by the aid of many lucky chances or miracles-whatever one may choose to call them-we know the best of them did not return.
What will happen on 'Tiger' rock in 2012?
The Grand Master himself has proclaimed the world will end and only his choosen few will survive, hmm Jim Jones said a lot of the same stuff....

By HealerNoMore on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 1:20 pm:  Edit

It's Too Perfect
The following is a quote from Jeanne Mills, a defector from Jim Jones' Peoples temple. She was murdered a year subsequent to the Nov. 18, 1978 Jonestown suicides/murders of 911 children, woman and men. She wrote this shortly before being murdered. Listen to what she is telling the world:

"When you meet the friendliest people you have ever known, who introduce you to the most loving group of people you have ever encountered, and you find the leader to be the most inspired, caring, compassionate and understanding person you have ever met, and then you learn the cause of the group is something you never dared hope could be accomplished, and all of this sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true! Don't give up your education, your hopes and ambitions to follow a rainbow."
- Jeanne Mills

By Anonymous on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 9:58 pm:  Edit

http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q0.html#cq_no_disbelief

By Don Jon on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 11:39 am:  Edit

I meant to say, do have excellent health benefits.

By Don Jon on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 11:38 am:  Edit

Isabella Salgado

I am doing fine. Dahn Yoga does make me sick because it is a fraud. It does no good for the planet earth.

The Church at least does not say it is a YMCA.

It announces what it is and what it's mission is and I am sure the people whose vocation it is do not live in illegal housing and do not have health insurance. There is no comparison.

Wake up. You are in denial.

By Anonymous on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 11:37 am:  Edit

(((continuation of previous post)))
Dahn Master’s belief system and religious practices include the belief that when they die, Ilchi Lee will meet their souls at Bell Rock and guide them to another dimension, their “home” or star of origin. They believe that Ilchi Lee is a reincarnated Buddha and that he is on the same level as Jesus Christ (or better in some Master’s opinions). They are forced to mentally “connect” themselves to Ilchi Lee in every moment of the day, claiming that he is one with the source of heavenly divine energy that can heal the whole planet. They are continually told they are sinners and must keep purifying themselves to be worthy of Dahn’s Vision. They are forced to give up their “old lives” and friends and told that their soul does not need to experience worldly things anymore, but to serve a mystical force called Chun-Ji-Ki-Un (which they are told is synonymous with Ilchi Lee). They are forced to STOP THINKING and told that questioning the group or Ilchi Lee is bad for their energy. They are constantly being moved to different centers so that they can never “attatch” to the people around them. The are told that confidence is the key to good energy, but they practice a kind of arrogance. They do not recognize other beliefs systems as equal to their own and practice elitism. They practice deception, by not only keeping secret their true beliefs and practices, but putting forth a false representation about their organization as being simply a yoga business or “spiritual business.” They lie about not being a religion or a cult, because by definition they are both a religion and a cult. Their religious text is the chun-bu-kyun (heavenly code descended from heaven) which they chant on a daily basis. They practice self-deprivation in the form of sleep deprivation and food deprivation, all done willingly because of their total devotion to achieving their so-called Vision. They practice coercive techniques to get people to spend more money than they can afford on their programs by saying things like, money is no problem if you do it for your growth, or encouraging people to go into debt so they can do special trainings. They practice an extreme worshiping or veneration of their cult leader, Ilchi Lee and believe that he has achieved enlightenment. They believe that they themselves are enlightened and that their slave labor for the financial growth of the cult is an indication of their enlightened action in the world.

For these reasons, and many more, you should consider staying away from this group. A woman died during the master training of dehydration. She was forced to hike up a mountain in the dessert without enough water with a bag filled with heavy rocks that supposedly represented her/their vision to prove her commitment to the organization. That masters training is a form of brain washing in that it puts you in unusual circumstances and creates a sense of group survival and bonding between the people taking the training, to the point where they will do anything together and support each other to survive. This is the same kind of training done in the military to promote bonding between soldiers, and also to create soldiers who will follow orders without questions. The soldiers are the masters and they are asked to follow the leader of dahn and his army of brainwashed masters. Most American masters begin to lose their own personalities and adopt Korean accents, even when speaking to Americans.

Why does Ilchi Lee do this? Money, power, greed? I do not pretend to know. Why do people willingly give up their lives (mostly younger people who think there is no other way to achieve peace in the world besides this group)? Probably because they were lied to and influenced by the groups powerful mind control techniques. Many other people have left the organization because we found out what is really behind Dahn. Dahn Masters claim that people who left were just “not ready” to grow, but this is just a lie. They left because they found out the truth, that Dahn is in fact a dangerous deceptive cult that takes advantage of people seeking spirituality and using them to grow in numbers and wealth.

I said in the beginning of this post that I wanted to be unbiased, and I believe I have. It is true that although this is a cult, some people actually get a great benefit from it; but now you know what is actually going on behind the scenes.

If you need more information about Dahn, check out these links:

CBS News:
http://wcbstv.com/local/local_story_037194633.html

The Journal Newspaper
http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050807/NEWS12/508070311/0/spider

Others:
http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/groups/d/dahn-hak/
http://www.rickross.com/reference/dti/dti38.html

By Anonymous on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 11:36 am:  Edit

I have not posted on this site before, but I'd like to clear something up about Dahnhak and I intend to do it in an unbiased way!

Dahnhak or Dahn Yoga presents itself as a spiritual business, using yoga, qi gong, meditation, etc. to promote health happiness and peace. While it is true that the kind of yoga and other healthy practices that they teach are in fact very good for you, and while it is true that many people have benefited from this organization and experienced a more healthy physical, mental, and emotional state; it is also equally true that this organization fits perfectly with the definition of a cult.

Now you might wonder, how can this be a cult, if so many people are benefiting from it? If you have been a member at one of their centers, you might have experienced "masters" there who are extremely wonderful and genuine human beings. As a member, I myself experienced a lot of personal growth through my training with Dahn. I also opened up new sensation levels within my body to the point where I could actually feel ki-energy. I loved it and loved the people I was meeting through it. So if all of this is true, how can it be a cult? Aren't cults supposed to be bad and destructive and dangerous? If you have read any of Ilchi Lee's books, you will find that they all make a lot of sense and that there is no trace of a sinister plot behind them.

Why then, are there so many people on the internet and in the news (CBS recently aired very negative segments about Dahn in Boston and New York) calling Dahn a dangerous cult? Is it just sensationalism?

Here is the definition of a cult: A religion or religious sect generally considered extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader... The followers of such a religion or sect... A system or community of religious worship and ritual... Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.

Firstly, let’s make something clear: members who take these yoga classes are initially not exposed to any of the cult aspects of the organization; and here in lies the beginning of Dahn's deception and lies. Usually, a prospective member is brought in for an initial energy checkup or healing session and is either told their body is not in good condition, or they have too much stress, or they need to relax and learn how to breathe, or that their energy circulation is bad etc. A new member is simply told that this exercise system is for their benefit and health. Then they give you either a massage or practice some exercizes with you and take you outside to drop the bomb on you, a hefty price for membership which in most people's opinions is much too high. But, they tell you that it is for your health, which is priceless, and that it is more personalized than other yoga places. You might sign up and stay as a member for a year or even two without even suspecting or hearing anything about this being a cult.

Here is the reason why: Dahnhak intentionally deceives people by not sharing any of their cultish religious beliefs or practices with you, unless you are being targeted as someone who might give up their current life to become a "master" within the organization. This is why so many people cannot believe that this is a cult, because they are very good at hiding it; although some hide it better than others.

If you ask a master, "what does it mean to be a Dahn master." They will tell you that a master simply means someone who is a full time instructor who is committed to helping themselves and others become healthier and grow spiritually. Or, that a master is someone who has attained a high level of spiritual growth within the organization. They might even admit to you that Ilchi Lee is their spiritual leader; after all, he is the grand master of the organization. But they will certainly not tell you that they have religious beliefs, in fact they claim that they are anti-religion and want to make spirituality a part of every day life.

While this is all true on a very superficial level, this is what it really means to be a Dahn master: A Dahn Master is someone who has gone through a special certification program. This is the mastership program: a militaristic training that forced them to the edges of physical exertion, and also forced them to expose to others in the training their inner most emotional traumas and secrets, and forced to scream as loud as they can that they want peace for hours, forced to hold difficult physical positions for hours, and then at the end of the long ordeal which lasts for many days, they are told that if their true self wants peace and wants to heal the world, they should pledge themselves to Dahnhak and Ilchi Lee. But, this pledge comes with a high price. These would-be masters, after what most would consider to be a traumatic experience lasting many days, sometimes weeks outside of the real world, are then asked to devout their lives to the service of Dahn and Dahn's Vision. THE VISION means that they will follow Ilchi Lee TO THE DEATH, that they will literally DIE for the grandmaster's vision, which they will from that moment on adopt as their own. They are told this is the only way to save the world and made to believe they are the chosen few or elite few who will do it. This vision also includes working for minimum wage, not getting paid for all the hours that they work, being forced to live in communistic apartments, working 7 days a week spending 18 hours or more at the center and giving up their rights to do anything else in their lives other than help to achieve Ilchi Lee's vision, which means making money and targeting mostly young and vulnerable people to become masters and never telling anyone the truth about what is going on behind the scenes. (hours working can vary from region to region, but between working and having constant meetings with each other, every hour of the day gets taken up) (((Continued in Next Post)))

By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 11:14 am:  Edit

I joined Dahn about a year ago and have gone on and off since that time. I was very excited at first even though I thought it was expensive. I moved to the DC area and started at another center. I found the masters so aggressive when it came to trying to get money out of me. It seems to be about nothing but money to them. I'm so disappointed about that because I think Dahn has some good ideas and interesting concepts. I took a series of healing sessions and after the 10 sessions (which are twice the cost of a normal massage in this area) they forcefully suggested that I needed further healing with someone else which would cost $5,000.00 for 10-11 sessions. I said no way. I was told, in not these words, but nevertheless told, that the more money I spent, the more benefit (enlightened) I would become. I'm appalled by this and am very glad to have found this website where I can voice my complaints.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 9:19 pm:  Edit

HNM, I agree with everything you said, except I don't understand this:

"ilchi lee(founder of dahn yoga) tried to get dahnhak listed as a church in Arizona but the state would not allow it."

Why do you think the state didn't allow it? I think the state doesn't make such decision, but that Dahn decided to disband that early "church" organization. They still have their Tao Fellowship, a religious organization, I think.

By HealerNoMore on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 8:30 pm:  Edit

ilchi lee(founder of dahn yoga) tried to get dahnhak listed as a church in Arizona but the state would not allow it. You can see the papers on http://www.RickRoss.com.

The masters will not admit this to members but they believe ilchi lee is a reincarnation of dangun. There are statues all over Korea of dangun which were reportedly paid for by dahn. There is a large golden statue on their property at Mago garden in Arizona. They do many meditations and bowing practices to the satue.

Do not be deceived by the masters or the exercise excuse, this is a group that is solely devoted to ilchi lee. They will achieve whatever vision he tells them too. It usually involves making him richer while the masters and the students are getting poorer. Many masters get physically sick because of all the long hours they must work. They get very little time to themselves because they are always being watched by other masters to make sure they don't stray.

This is a very disfunctional group. There is nothing normal about them. Watch the masters and the healers and the bright lights or mungsa(dim bulbs), you will quickly get an education on why not to join dahn yoga.

Ask any questions and you will get the same programmed response from a master or a healer. The truth is they have no real knowledge. If you want to learn go to a library and get some books. The masters are not licensed to touch anyone.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 3:24 pm:  Edit

Sooo, what you're saying is that Dahn is a religion and that Dahn Centers are churches. Okay, now that that's settled...

Why is it that these Dahn Cen...I mean, Churches are making their founder personally wealthy. Doesn't all that wealth belong to the church, as it does (or is supposed to) with all other churches?

By Isabella Salgado on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 2:59 pm:  Edit

I just got on this site,the first comment about what other organizations have people work for free,Every church,or spiritual based place on this planet.don jon let it go,don't make yourself sick.

By Anonymous on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 12:34 pm:  Edit

Some members don't consider that maybe the "happiness" they think they see in the masters is actually blind OBEDIENCE to the so-called "vision" and to Ilchi Lee (the vision is essentially a money-quest - for Ilchi Lee). How many people do you know who work endless hours for a profit-making company without additional pay and who get their customers to do free volunteer work? I don't think it's even legal to let foreign workers work for less than the going rate or to let people volunteer for a for-profit corporation.

By don jon on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 11:52 am:  Edit

Jim

Yeah, maybe for most members it is like what you described, but , your money is going to support an organization that exploits it's "yoga" instructors.... They do not get paid.... they live in group homes, 15 in a 3 bedroom, they have no health benefits.... they work 6 days a week..... once you become involved as a "master" you are asked to give up your life, family, relationships, money.... It is totally over priced and is not real yoga... the yoga is a fraud, they do not give a damn about your or your friends health.... of course all excersise has benefits but
this is not a legitiate place... it is just a nice side effect, you can get that at a legitamate yoga center. If you not think where your money goes counts then by all means give it to dahn. If you think your actions have no meaning feel good about your self.
Me Me Me. Very spiritual.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 10:00 pm:  Edit

www.newdahn.com/usa is back!

By Andrew Nevis on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 1:58 am:  Edit

I am glad to hear you're having a positive experience in Dahn. The same was my first impression for the first couple of months. I'd welcome a report on how you feel about Dahn in another few months.

Have you ever attended Shim Sung training? Are you after enlightenment or just exercise? Could you get the same benefits you recieve from Dahn at a health center that practiced tai chi?

How do teacher's view the founder? Is he seen in almost superhuman terms?

Lastly where does the money go in your center? Hope you can answer these questions.

By Jim on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 12:51 pm:  Edit

I joined Dahn Yoga about two months ago because I saw positive change in my friends. Their lives changed for the better. I have not joined a cult or anything like that. There are no lectures or hypnotic talks. There is no mind control. From what I've seen is that the poeple who go regularly get enthousiastic about the program and the positive changes that they have experienced.

There is only excercise classes during the week and a chi kung type style. I think its a good place to let go of the stress of the day and practice and learn some aspects of chi kung/qigong...

I would say that its a bit expensive, but the benefits I've seen for people who go regularly are wonderful. Its only an hour class and most people go two or three times a week. There is no sucking in...and its easy to get out....don't go. People come and go all the time.

Best wishes...

By don jon on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 8:45 pm:  Edit

oh, all of know was that he was buying more land to build something big upstate NY. He has opened centers all around the NYC Metro area and Lond Island. He is here right now giving a "lecture" or something to the masters (droids)

By DON JON on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 8:42 pm:  Edit

Sorry if I was glib. Sometime hyperbolic but i am sick of Dahn and Dahn droids. It makes me angry and pissed off that they are stealing people's money and people's minds. I hate what they are. I hate what they do to people who are weak or depressed or whatever. DAHN IS A DANGEROUS CULT.

By Anonymous on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:38 pm:  Edit

Okay, Elliot Spritzer is in the Attorney General's office in New York State. He has solid credentials for fighting bad companies, and has integrity. He is running for higher political office next year, so the attorney general's office loses a fine man, but the state gains by having him work for the greater good. (See Don Jon, you could have answered the question without being a mug about it;)
Tell us more about these land purchases?

By don jon on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 1:28 pm:  Edit

Duh, ever hear of Google? ever watch CNN? Oh, I guess not. New York Metropolitan area. He is here as we speak. Wake up freak.

By Anonymous on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 6:18 am:  Edit

News Flash!

We are not amused by cranks.
It is true that Seung Heun Lee (ill Chi) does like to buy up land, the flash that he has bought up lots of land in Canada is false. He does own land there through friends and Dahn named companies but half of Canada, lol, the indian land claims would tie up the attempted sale for years.

Don Jonny, I'd venture a guess your not Canadian.

As to spending time in NY, please clarify where? Upstate, as in Albany, Buffalo or downstate around NYC?

Who is Elliot Spritzer?

By don jon on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 7:19 pm:  Edit

News flash

IIchi Lee just bought a big chunk of upstate NY and he bough half of Cananda. Lock up your kids!

He is also rumored to be spending a lot of extra time in NY.
Lucky us!

Well, not lucky for him we have Elliot Spritzer who may just have to kick his ass.

By east on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 7:15 pm:  Edit

What are you doing to educate people?How did you get affected and sucked in! How did you get out?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration