Masterbation?

Qigong Association: Qigong: Other Qigong Questions: Masterbation?
By Nkwong (Nkwong) on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 2:59 pm:  Edit

Taoist qigong talks about "single cultivation" aka masturbation, during which qi and jing (the latter meaning essence, and for male, literally semen in Chinese) should not leak out but reabsorbed into the spinal process, hence "convert jing into qi and convert qi into shen (spiritual energy or spirituality)

The point of leakage is the Gathering Yin or anatomically perineum and sealing this area off during qigong or sex is important. I do not believe the Taoists have ever addressed the issue of homosexuality, but I may be wrong.

According to Taoist sexual cultivation, masturbation per se is not harmful, but if in excess and with ejeculation each time, this could cause some problems. One of them I heard is "weak at the knee" or "deficient kidney energy". The kidneys or the Life Gates (the power center, like lower Dantien is the reservoir of qi) are associated with sexual energy, and also with the knees and their joint fluid.

Frequent sex with ejeculation can deprive one of kidney qi which in turn will reduce the lubrication of the knees through the loss of joint fluid, hence weakness. Hence abstinence is important before a session of stance training.

Discussion of homosexuality practice might not be appropriate on this message board but probably should be monitored by the forum moderator person according to the policy of this mb, but this is a free world and in America, freedom of speech. So, .... By the way, the Taoists are very tolerant people because they are in tune with Nature & with their spirituality.

By Rainman747 (Rainman747) on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 8:56 pm:  Edit

Hum, I was just curious to see if anyone had actually known how to do it. 20 some years ago a Melchezidec priest who had all the psychic abilities had told me that the way to open the spiritual centers was to cause the orgasm to go up the spine and not outward. Six years ago, I found a book written by a Master Tai Chi practitioner, the book has since disappeared from circulation, and he explained how it is done in his book. For crying out loud, you don't eat it. There is a place to pinch it off so that it goes the other way and up the spine. Surprisingly, it works, but be prepared for the ride of your life. It doesn't take place right away, but when it does, you probably won't be prepared for what happens next. I discovered that I was not prepared for it in anyway, but learned allot from the experience. Would I do it again? Hum, I don't know. You had better have a good care giver close at hand when you do something like that.

By LarvaMaster on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 5:23 am:  Edit

I think that digestive acids will destroy the semen.
It will be a waste. besides the nervous energy and
Hormones that you burn in the ejaculation will not come back.

Eat Jing Building foods like Schizandra.
Its a lot better than sucking some cock.lol

By Anonymous on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 4:48 pm:  Edit

Why eat the semin? Just eat real food instead for god sake. Now the woman could take the semin into the vagina because it contains nice hormones that boost the qi in her body but I think eating it destroyes them so it would be kinda meaningless unless it is done for the pure pleasure of it.
I believe it is the avoidance of shallow climaxes that one should practice to avoiding by learning to be patient toward orgasm. By learning to control the climax you can really build up amazingly orgasmic feelings up your pelvis and spine - without climaxing. If you allow yourself to climax you're deciding to not practice this. I think this is the reason why they say you shouldn't ejaculate. I think it's okey to ejaculate in the end when you got tired of masturbating. It seems reasonable though. Sure, it takes energy to make semin, but your body should be able to do this without problem. However, If you masturbate all day and repetedly allow yourself to orgasm & ejaculate, you deplete a lot of energy and the more times you ejaculate the more it implies a tendency to be impatient and look for orgasm instead of using the moment to learn to control and store up the qi that comes from sexual arousal. The point is that it is the act that counts, not the orgasm. When you do it right the act becomes the orgasm.

By moonstar on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 1:32 am:  Edit

I practice Ken Kohens methods out of his qigong book.I find it very effective!I was just wondering-(I was looking over the male deer method)Does masterbation remove energy from the body?I would be greatful to anyone who can provide me with some insight involving this issue.Thanx!:-)
moonstar502@hotmail.com

By Bill Fraser on Sunday, March 19, 2000 - 7:12 am:  Edit

Qi Gong and masturbation:

Does masturbation imply ejaculation/orgasm?
All ancient texts would agree that you should not needlessly waste your jing energy by ejaculating too often.

Recommended: certainly not within several hours before pracising qi gong.
The more difficult one: not within a couple of hours after qi gong, even if you feel particularly energised and charged up at that time.

One more tip: try using sexual arousal (without orgasm) to understand your own energy balance and how to control your energy flows. This could immeasurably improve your active sex life with partner(s).

Good luck,
Bill

By Christian on Wednesday, July 05, 2000 - 8:38 pm:  Edit

There is an excellent book on this subject by Mantaak Chia.

It is called the "Taoist Secrets of Love" In it, he goes into the conservation of semen to avoid depletion of Jing energy, and even teaches the little known "reverse orgasm" method, in which the practitioner experiences orgasm without ejaculation. Yes it's real.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 8:06 am:  Edit

You want to be really careful about this you can damage your prostate gland by doing that reverse ejaculation. What usually ends up happening is that the semen goes into the bladder and you urinate it out later you can tell because it is bubbly and you may even be able to see semen in the urine.

A better thing to do would be to avoid ejaculation for the most part. It depletes your vital essence and unless you are trying to make a baby then you should conserve this fluid. Everytime you ejaculate it is like bleeding yourself. To go towards making a baby is a sacrifice to the new child. For please it is just foolish.

You can practice the eye rotation and the big draw method that Mantak Chia talks about.

By Anonymous on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 4:39 pm:  Edit

I have been curious about the effects on qi of orgasm by women. Since there is no semen involved to be lost, only some lubrication fluid, is it different than for men? Does orgasm reduce or deplete qi and is there any way to increase qi after orgasm if it does indeed reduce it? Thank you for any help on this subject.

By beavertail on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 3:06 am:  Edit

Good question, Anonymous.

I've heard that women lose qi through menstruation, but I don't know about orgasm...

By Peter Cubell on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 4:17 pm:  Edit

Check out "Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy " (transforming Your Body, Mind, and Spirit.) By Eric Steven Yudelove (Foreword by Master Mantak Chia)

Llewellyn Publications
A Division of Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
P.O. Box 64383, Dept. K834-6
St. Paul MN 55164-0383, USA

By Anonymous on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 6:02 am:  Edit

Me and a good friend of main sense high school meditate together regularly .We often try to exchange qi through our laogong and by breathing opposite each other.We both try to conserve our jing but we still masturbate at the most once a week.He is willing to let me consume his lost jing but we decided that it is not a good idea for him to consume main,because I'm gay and I'm not a virgin and he's straight and he is still a virgin.Are their any methods for refining&exchanging qi between two people during meditation? And can I utilize the jing I consume to benefit me and my friend through mutual meditation? James,New york

By Family Student on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 9:27 am:  Edit

How perverted. The sick games people play in the name of "spirituality" never cease to amaze me...

By Anonymous on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 12:54 pm:  Edit

TO FAMILY STUDENT....Re: May 11, 2004 Post:

Don't fret too much....that was just a posting from an idiot.

Unfortunately, there are so many sad, idiotic, useless bums in this world whose only contributions to society and themselves are to mock, scorn and vandalize, because they are so lacking in self-esteem and maturity. Rather than spend their time trying to improve themselves or improving the plight of others, they would rather vandalize, hate and ridicle others... SAD...
Just pity them...for their futures will always be bleak.

Qigong, the Tao, etc. addresses the issues of life in a very frank and open manner. Of course, this includes SEX...and because of this open and frank manner, there will always be immature persons around who will PERVERT this for amusement. They get no happiness from their own lives...Their only joy is to trash others and see others hurting, so that they do not feel so bad about themselves.

Once again....SAD!!! Just pity them...

By Sincere on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 2:44 pm:  Edit

There are more important things to work on. Incessantly playing with your willy isn't likely to be what the former masters had in mind when they established their schools.

By derek on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 12:16 pm:  Edit

I'm not joking here, I'm really serious.
what if you eat your semen after masturbating?
would that restore some energy, or is it the process of the orgasm itself that depletes the energy?
just curious?

By You asked... on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 10:36 pm:  Edit

If you do that, you are gay. Sorry, that's the way it is. The only men who eat semen are gay men.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration